July 2021 Marketing Ideas For Small Local Businesses
July means summer and Independence Day. While the 4th is a great opportunity for marketing, there’s a lot more to July than food and fireworks. Here’s our rundown of July marketing ideas for small local businesses.
July is full of great marketing opportunities. Some serious, some sophisticated, and some silly. Here’s our list.
- Independence Day (July 4) - It’s the biggest holiday of the summer. Here are some ways to incorporate it into your marketing:
- Promotions - Offer a 17.76% discount, reduce an item price to $17.76, or use promo codes like FIREWORKS or FREEDOM. Create buy-one-get-one deals for Independence-themed products, or just run a sale.
- Giveaways - Offer red, white, and blue-themed prizes, barbeque supplies, gift cards, or essentials like lawn chairs, bug spray, hand sanitizer, etc.
- Posts - Write blog posts with themes like freedom, independence, fireworks safety, or travel tips.
- Pictures - Take some original photos related to the holiday and post them.
- Give Something Away Day/Get to Know Your Customers Day (July 15) - Strengthen your client relationships. Share online surveys to show you value your customers, and gain new insights. You can also run online giveaways or host a charity fundraiser. Customers like giving their business to people that share their values. Doing something for your community or a cause will engage your followers and make a positive impact.
- Ice Cream Day (July 18) - Some sweet ideas include:
- Running an ice cream social with free ice cream and special discounts or coupons.
- Having an ice cream sundae party at your business and Sharing fun photos on social media. Try buying the ice cream from a local store and tagging them in posts.
- Offering free ice cream after classes or sessions you host.
- Creating ice cream-themed content.
- Buffalo Soliders’ Day (July 28) - Use your marketing to celebrate diversity by commemorating some of the earliest Black troops in the US Military.
Here are more ways to make your July marketing explode.
- July 1: Canada Day, International Joke Day, American Zoo Day, Postal Worker Day
- July 3: Eat Your Beans Day, Hop-a-Park Day
- July 4: Independence Day, Barbecued Spareribs Day
- July 5: Hawaii Day, Workaholics Day, Bikini Day
- July 6: International Kissing Day
- July 7: Tell The Truth Day, Dive Bar Day, Father-Daughter Take a Walk Day, Strawberry Sundae Day, International Chocolate Day
- July 9: Collector Car Appreciation Day
- July 10: Kitten Day, Pina Colada Day
- July 11: Cheer Up The Lonely Day, All American Pet Photo Day, Mojito Day, 7-Eleven Day
- July 12: Simplicity Day, Different Colored Eyes Day
- July 13: Cow Appreciation Day
- July 14: Pandemonium Day, Tape Measure Day, Nude Day
- July 15: Give Something Away Day, I Love Horses Day, Pet Fire Safety Day, Get to Know Your Customers Day
- July 17: Lottery Day, World Emoji Day, Toss Away the “Could Haves” and “Should Haves” Day
- July 18: Ice Cream Day
- July 19: Get Out of the Dog House Day
- July 21: Junk Food Day, Be Someone Day
- July 22: Hammock Day, Rat Catcher’s Day, Refreshment Day
- July 23: Gorgeous Grandma Day
- July 24: Parents Day, Drive-Thru Day, Cousins Day, Amelia Earhart Day, Day of the Cowboy
- July 25: Hire a Veteran Day, Wine and Cheese Day, Parent’s Day
- July 26: Aunt and Uncle’s Day, Bagelfest Day, Disability Independence Day, All or Nothing Day
- July 27: Love is Kind Day
- July 28: Buffalo Soldiers’ Day, Waterpark Day
- July 29: Intern Day
- July 30: Father-in-Law Day, Whistleblower Day, Talk in an Elevator Day, System Administrator Appreciation Day, Get Gnarly Day, Support Public Education Day, International Day of Friendship
- July 31: Mutt Day
Month And Week-Long July Events
Beyond holidays, July has other ways to market your business, including the following.
- Christmas in July - Run deals and sales to attract new customers who’ll spend more with you during the December holiday season.
- Independent Retailer Month - Promote your own business or support local independent retailers.
- UV Safety Month - Post some UV safety tips, your own images, or an infographic from the CDC.
- Minority Mental Health Month - Create awareness with resources like BIPOC's MMHM toolkit, or come up with your own event to support this cause.
Other ways to market yourself in July:
- Grilling Month
- Fireworks Safety Month
- Eye Injury Prevention Month
- Ice Cream Month
- Anti-Bordem Month
- Purposeful Parenting Month
- Clean Beaches Week (first week of July)
- Therapeutic Recreation Week (second week of July)
- Parenting Gifted Children Week (third week of July)
- Everybody Deserves a Massage Week (third week of July)
Let Ellipsis help you put a bang into your July marketing!
Tags: cover-story,marketing ideas, July
[2021-04-06] How to market your business in May 2021
[2020-05-11] Five Things You Should Do To Avoid Coronavirus Scams
[2021-07-19] Local Marketing Ideas For August 2021
[2021-10-20] Small Business Saturday Preparedness Checklist
[2021-10-13] November 2021 Marketing Ideas To Grow Your Small Business
[2021-10-05] How Small Business Saturday Helps Your Small Business