July Small Business Marketing Ideas
July means summer and Independence Day. While the 4th is a great opportunity for marketing, there’s more to July than food and fireworks. Here’s our rundown of July marketing ideas for small local businesses.
July is full of great marketing opportunities. Here’s our list.
- Independence Day (July 4) - It’s the biggest holiday of the summer. Here are some ways to incorporate it into your marketing:
- Promotions - Offer a 17.76% discount, reduce an item price to $17.76, or use promo codes like FIREWORKS or FREEDOM. Create buy-one-get-one deals for Independence-themed products, or run a sale.
- Giveaways - Offer red, white, and blue-themed prizes, barbeque supplies, gift cards, or essentials like lawn chairs, bug spray, hand sanitizer, etc.
- Posts - Write blog posts with themes like freedom, independence, fireworks safety, or travel tips.
- Pictures - Take some original photos related to the holiday and post them.
- Ice Cream Day (July 17) - Some sweet ideas include:
- Running an ice cream social with free ice cream and special discounts or coupons.
- Have an ice cream sundae party at your business and share fun photos on social media. Try buying the ice cream from a local store and tagging them in posts.
- Offering free ice cream after classes or sessions you host.
- Creating ice cream-themed content.
- Get to Know Your Customers Day (July 21) - Strengthen your client relationships. Share online surveys to show you value your customers and gain new insights. Customers like giving their business to people that share their values.
- Buffalo Soliders’ Day (July 28) - Use your marketing to celebrate diversity by commemorating some of the earliest Black troops in the US Military.
Here are more ways to make your July marketing explode.
- July 1: Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day, Gingersnap Day, Postal Worker Day
- July 2: Anisette Day, Hop-a-Park Day
- July 3: Chocolate Wafer Day, Compliment Your Mirror Day, Eat Your Beans Day
- July 4: Barbecued Spareribs Day, Caesar Salad Day
- July 5: Apple Turnover Day, Bikini Day, Graham Cracker Day, Hawaii Day, Workaholics Day
- July 6: Fried Chicken Day, Hand Roll Day
- July 7: Dive Bar Day, Father-Daughter Take a Walk Day, Macaroni Day, Strawberry Sundae Day
- July 8: Chocolate with Almonds Day, Freezer Pop Day
- July 9: Sugar Cookie Day
- July 10: Clerihew Day, Kitten Day, Pina Colada Day
- July 11: All American Pet Photo Day, 7-Eleven Day, Blueberry Muffin Day, Cheer up the Lonely Day, Mojito Day, Rainier Cherry Day
- July 12: Eat Your Jello Day, Different Colored Eyes Day, Pecan Pie Day, Simplicity Day, Paper Bag Day
- July 13: Barbershop Music Appreciation Day, Beans ‘N’ Franks Day, Delaware Day, French Fry Day
- July 14: Grand Marnier Day, Mac & Cheese Day, Nude Day, Tape Measure Day
- July 15: Gummi Worm Day, I Love Horses Day, Pet Fire Safety Day, Tapioca Pudding Day
- July 16: Corn Fritters Day, Personal Chef’s Day
- July 17: Lottery Day, Peach Ice Cream Day, Tattoo Day, Yellow Pig Day, World Emoji Day, Wrong Way Corrigan Day, Ice Cream Day
- July 18: Caviar Day, Sour Candy Day, Get Out of the Dog House Day
- July 19: Daiquiri Day, Words With Friends Day
- July 20: Fortune Cookie Day, Lollipop Day, Moon Day, Pennsylvania Day, Hot Dog Day
- July 21: Be Someone Day, Junk Food Day, Get to Know Your Customers Day
- July 22: Fragile X Awareness Day, Hammock Day, Mango Day, Penuche Fudge Day, Rat Catcher’s Day
- July 23: Gorgeous Grandma Day, Vanilla Ice Cream Day, Day of the Cowboy
- July 24: Amelia Earhart Day, Cousins Day, Drive-Thru Day, Tequila Day, Thermal Engineer Day, Parent’s Day
- July 25: Hire a Veteran Day, Hot Fudge Sundae Day, Merry-Go-Round Day, Threading the Needle Day, Wine and Cheese Day
- July 26: All or Nothing Day, Aunt and Uncle’s Day, Bagelfest Day, Coffee Milkshake Day, Disability Independence Day
- July 27: Crème Brûlée Day, Korean War Veterans Armistice Day, Love Is Kind Day, New Jersey Day, Scotch Day
- July 28: Milk Chocolate Day, Waterpark Day, Refreshment Day, Chili Dog Day, Intern Day
- July 29: Chicken Wing Day, Lasagna Day, Lipstick Day, Talk in an Elevator Day, System Administrator Appreciation Day, Get Gnarly Day
- July 30: Cheesecake Day, Father-in-Law Day, Whistleblower Day
- July 31: Avocado Day, Mutt Day, Raspberry Cake Day
Month-Long July Events
July also has other ways to market your business, including the following.
- Grilling Month
- Fireworks Safety Month
- Eye Injury Prevention Month
- Ice Cream Month
- Anti-Bordem Month
- Purposeful Parenting Month
If you want to know more about marketing read our article, ”Ellipsis Readymade Membership Management System”, or contact us.
Tags: cover-story,marketing ideas, July
[2022-06-02] June Small Business Marketing Ideas
[2022-05-02] May Small Business Marketing Ideas
[2020-12-19] COVID Safe Holidays Celebration Ideas
[2022-08-10] How We Built An Email List Of 12,000 Subscribers Within 12 Months
[2022-08-02] September Marketing Ideas For Small Businesses
[2022-08-01] Seven Tasks Small Businesses Should Outsource