June Small Business Marketing Ideas
June is about freedom and fresh air. It also has enough holidays and monthly events for every kind of business. Here are some ideas for marketing your business in June.
Almost every day in the month of June has one or more holidays that you can use to attract customers. Here are some marketing ideas.
- Cancer Survivor’s Day (June 5) - Share cancer survival stories from team members or customers, or post inspirational articles, quotes, and photos.
- Flag Day (June 14) - A day to celebrate America. Incorporate American flag themes into your products and content or offer discounts on red, white, or blue items.
- Father’s Day (June 19) - You can offer discounts, sales, and more to promote your business. Create a gift ideas blog post, including what you offer, and geared towards the dads of your target audience. Put together creative, visually appealing gift baskets. Restaurants can pair gift cards with food or beverage items. Spas or salons can run specials on men’s grooming supplies. Or just reduce the worries of last-minute shoppers with a flexible return policy.
- Public Service Day (June 23) - Feature prominent community members on social media or offer discounts to public sector workers.
Here are more days in June that you can use to generate business.
- June 1 - Dare Day, Flip a Coin Day
- June 2 - Bubba Day, Rocky Road Day
- June 3 - Doughnut Day, World Bicycle Day, Repeat Day
- June 4 - Applesauce Cake Day, Hug Your Cat Day, Cheese Day, Trails Day, Old Maid's Day
- June 5 - Hot Air Balloon Day, Frozen Yogurt Day, World Environment Day
- June 6 - D-Day (WWII), Gardening Exercise Day, Yo-Yo Day
- June 7 - Chocolate Ice Cream Day, VCR Day
- June 8 - Best Friends Day, Name Your Poison Day, World Ocean Day
- June 9 - Donald Duck Day, Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Day
- June 10 - Ball Point Pen Day, Herb and Spices Day, Iced Tea Day, Flip Flop Day
- June 11 - Corn on the Cob Day
- June 12 - Jerky Day, Peanut Butter Cookie Day, Red Rose Day
- June 13 - Weed Your Garden Day, Sewing Machine Day
- June 14 - Flag Day, Monkey Around Day
- June 15 - Nature Photography Day, Prune Day, Smile Power Day, Global Wind Day
- June 16 - Fresh Veggies Day, International Waterfall Day, Nursing Assistants Day
- June 17 - Eat Your Vegetables Day, Take a Road Trip Day
- June 18 - Go Fishing Day, International Panic Day, International Picnic Day, International Sushi Day, Hollerin' Contest Day, Splurge Day, World Juggler's Day
- June 19 - Father's Day, Juneteenth, Kissing Day, Turkey Lovers Day, World Sauntering Day
- June 20 - Ice Cream Soda Day, Bald Eagle Day
- June 21 - Summer Solstice, Go Skateboarding Day, International Yoga Day, Sea Shell Day, Selfie Day
- June 22 - Chocolate Eclair Day, Onion Ring Day, World Rainforest Day
- June 23 - International Widows Day, Let it Go Day, Pink Day
- June 24 - International Fairy Day, Food Truck Day, Take Your Dog to Work Day, Swim a Lap Day
- June 25 - Log Cabin Day, Catfish Day
- June 26 - Beautician's Day, Forgiveness Day, Canoe Day
- June 27 - Onion Day, Sun Glasses Day
- June 28 - Insurance Awareness Day, International Body Piercing Day, Columnists Day, Paul Bunyan Day
- June 29 - Camera Day, Hug Holiday, International Mud Day, Waffle Iron Day
- June 30 - Meteor Day, National Handshake Day
Great for social media posts, blogs, emails, and promotions, here are some events that span the whole month of June.
- Great Outdoors Month - With lockdowns ending, people will be especially excited to get outside this year. Create a blog or social media post about the best places to get outside and experience nature and ask followers to share their favorite spots. You can run an email campaign that highlights ideas and places to visit each week. If you host indoor classes, take them outside. Run a sidewalk sale. If a local business sells outdoor gear, ask them to donate items for an outdoors kit or a discount that you could offer in a giveaway. You can also promote their business on social media or donate your products to them. You can also just post inspirational outdoor images.
Here are some other opportunities in June.
- Alzheimer's and Brain Awareness Month
- Aquarium Month
- Candy Month
- Dairy Month
- Effective Communications Month
- Fight the Filthy Fly Month
- Gay and Lesbian Pride Month
- National Accordion Awareness Month
- National Adopt a Cat Month
- National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month
- National Iced Tea Month
- Rose Month
- Turkey Lovers Month
If you want to know more about marketing read our article, “ABCs Of SEO” or contact us.
Tags: cover-story, marketing ideas, June
[2022-06-15] July Small Business Marketing Ideas
[2022-05-02] May Small Business Marketing Ideas
[2021-01-11] Ellipsis Marketing Receives 2021 Best Hayward California Advertising Agency Award
[2023-01-25] How to Plan Facebook Ads Campaign
[2023-01-17] Seven Steps of Effective Small Business SEO
[2023-01-12] February Small Business Marketing Ideas (Updated for 2023)