February is almost here! It’s time to send out some positive vibes to your customers and local community. To kick start February, you need some fresh local marketing ideas for your business. We have put together the most important activities and events going down this month, which you can use to design special promotions and offers, and many more tips. Use these local marketing ideas to make February a memorable month for your customers.
Super Bowl (February 4)
The Super Bowl is arguably the biggest sporting event in the US calendar. It provides one of the biggest marketing opportunities for brands. While a Super bowl Ad might be expensive for small business owners, there are several ways you can market your business at a small budget.
- When designing your marketing messages, avoid including anything that could imply directly supporting one team. Do something more fun like promoting products like snacks, drinks or services that your customers can use when they are watching the game.
- Write blog posts and articles related to Super bowl. Do a blog post on teams and athletes involved to help get more traffic.
- Do social media marketing by talking about the big game on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Use hashtags to promote the Super Bowl article and blog posts you created.
- Design your own Super Bowl marketing campaign and post in on YouTube. While you might probably lack the resources to create commercials like the big brands, you can create a simple ad, post in on YouTube, social media and your blog.
- Hold contests and give rewards, for example asking your clients to predict the final score of the game. Whoever gets it right or comes close gets a reward/prize. A small restaurant could give a $60 gift voucher.
Valentine’s Day marketing
Love is in the air, so make sure you share some with your clients. Among the holidays that offers businesses the chance to grow and attract more revenue is the Valentine’s Day which is always marked on February 14.
- Create simple and cost effective appreciation campaign messages to your customers. A simple ‘thank you or we love you’ message as a token of appreciation makes your clients feel valued.
- Offer a sale or discount, putting together a thoughtful gift basket of popular items you sell or a gift card.
- Send a promotional message to your frequent clients. Tell them how you value their loyalty encouraging them to bring a friend with them next time. By doing so you can increase your exposure and expand your customer base significantly.
- Send charming emails. Send targeted emails that play on the theme of love or romance. Also, send out emails for free drinks or desert on the eve of Valentine’s Day. These emails can get you booked up early or may lead to increased sales.
- Show love by giving back to the society during Valentine’s Day. Small businesses of all types can donate materials to the community organizations and local schools.
- Create a mood of the celebration by decorating the store of your small business accordingly. For instance, during the days preceding Valentine’s Day, decorate your storefront with the colors of love such as red. You can also add small Valentine’s Day signs at the physical location of your small business. Consumers will find it easier to visit your store to check what you are offering than to visit a similar business without such decorations.
Heart Disease Awareness Month
February is often dedicated for raising awareness of the Heart Disease. This is a great opportunity for businesses dealing in health and wellness such as gyms, hospitals and fitness centers.
- Make and distribute branded T-shirts to be won on the day of celebrations.
- Also, write articles and blog posts on symptoms and risk factors of heart diseases and share it on social media. Any small business owner can market his or her business by educating clients on healthy living.
- Local businesses can also sponsor races to commemorate heart disease awareness month or host education sessions on the importance of healthy exercise.
- If you run a local pharmacy, put up posters and engaging promotions to market your healthy products for the heart.
Often celebrated on the third Monday in February, President’s day can be a great boom for your small business.
- Hold a sale to bring in new customers. Promote your goods or services on social media for President’s Day.
- Commemorate George Washington’s legendary chopping down of the cherry tree by offering discounts on cherry themed products. For example a local salon could offer cherry-filled pedicure services or face masks.
- In addition, you could also remember Lincoln’s birthday by organizing a beard competition. Customers can post their pictures and vote for the winner. The winner gets a gift package of your product or service.
- Put up flash sales that go for few hours to help attract more customers to your business.
Grammy Awards, Groundhog Day, and Others
This year, Grammy awards is set for February 10, 2019. It is a chance to engage with your customers using Grammy awards hashtags and promote your local businesses. Other holidays include Groundhog Day on February 2, Mardi Gras on February 13, The Daytona 500 on February 18, Ice Cream for Breakfast Day and World Nutella Day. The Valentine’s Day celebrations is also preceded with related celebrations in the days preceding it including, Rose Day, Chocolate Day, Kiss Day, among others. Concisely, the new month has marketing opportunities for almost all sectors. This is certainly an opportunity that you should not let pass you.
Track all these February marketing ideas and put them into practice. We work with small business owners to promote their businesses at a low cost. For marketing your business this February, click this link to see Ellipsis Readymade Local Marketing Services.
Tags: local marketing,february,super bowl,valentine