Think Spring! It’s time for some April marketing ideas. People are tired of Winter and ready for Spring and renewal. Think of offers to help your audience with a “rebirth” in their life, home, or business. It’s also a big month for gardening and growing so maybe your April theme could be growth or conservation. There are plenty more ideas to choose from if these aren’t your thing, just keep reading.
2021 April Marketing Calendar
Two big holidays in April are April Fools Day (April 1) and Easter (April 4). Make sure you take pictures during the holidays and tag people on Twitter and Facebook so they can share the post. Here are some special days this month:
- April 1 April Fools Day - Have some fun with your marketing by playing a practical joke on your customers or yourself. Be creative but keep things light-hearted and fun. April Fools Day jokes for marketing are meant to attract people to your business and should be related to it. You can also play around with graphics to make funny pictures and post them on social media.
- April 4 Easter - Some marketing ideas for your small business include:
- Restaurants: Serve traditional Easter meals.
- Bars: Highlight an Easter drink on social media.
- Photographers: Run Easter picture specials.
- Day-cares: Make a day to take pictures with an Easter bunny.
- Bakeries: Post cake and cupcake photos on social media and your blog to drive Easter orders.
- April 15 Tax Day - People either love or hate this day depending on if they’re getting a refund. This is prime time for accountants to market their business but other businesses can benefit too. Restaurants and bars can offer Tax Day specials. Retail stores can run promotions to help people spend their refunds. And any business can incorporate a playlist of money songs! It’s also Get to Know Your Customers Day and World Art Day (DaVinci’s birth date).
- April 22 Earth Day - Earth Day is all about nature. Flower shops can host a webinar or write a blog about reusing dried flowers for decor, and interior designers can provide tips about decorating with nature.
Other days you can use for marketing include Walk to Work Day/Good Friday(4/2), DIY Day (4/3), National Siblings Day (4/10), National Pet Day (4/11), Int’l Moment of Laughter Day (4/14), National Look-Alike Day (4/20), World Creativity and Innovation Day (4/21), National Take a Chance Day (4/23), National Kids and Pets Day (4/26), Pay It Forward Day (4/28), and National Honesty Day (4/30).
You can also use week-long events to boost your marketing. Here are some ideas for April:
- April 1–7 Laugh at Work Week
- April 4–10 National Library Week
- April 5–9 Explore Your Career Options Week
- April 10–17 Money Smart® Week
- April 17–25 National Park Week
- April 18–23 Consumer Awareness Week
- April 18–24 National Volunteer Week
- April 19–23 National Environmental Education Week
There are also month-long holidays that might resonate with your business and audience.
- International Customer Loyalty Month
- National Card and Letter Writing Month
- National Pet Month
- National Humor Month
- Keep America Beautiful Month
- Global Child Nutrition Month
- Jazz Appreciation Month
- National Decorating Month
- Informed Women Month
- Workplace Conflict Awareness Month
Spring is a great time for cleaning services, organizers, and interior designers. Use this chance to share tips on how to spruce up homes for the new season. Cleaning Services can offer promotions or referrals for new or current customers to jump-start business and contractors or construction services can blog or post videos about common Spring issues. If you’re starting a blog, spring cleaning is a great topic for your first post.
Springtime is big-time for sports and marketing your business! There’s Opening Day for baseball, the Master’s Tournament for golf, and the NCAA Basketball Championship. If your business is sports-related, this is a slam-dunk. If not you can take advantage by cheering on local teams and using team colors in your marketing and promotions. Flower shops can offer custom bouquets and bakeries can sell cakes and cupcakes in team colors! Take advantage of these opportunities to hit a marketing home run!
April is the perfect time to Spring into marketing with promotions that could include blog or social media posts, sales and discounts, contests, and more.
If you want help putting together an April marketing strategy or more ideas about how to promote your business just contact us.