No matter whether you’re looking for the whole month, or just one day, we’ve got local marketing ideas for August to increase sales and grow your business.
Month-Long Marketing Ideas for August 2021
August has several month-long awareness marketing opportunities that include the following.
- Family Fun Month
- Join with nearby attractions to offer coupons.
- Create a post or email newsletter article of the best family-friendly places in the neighborhood and publish it on your website, and local community sites like Next Door.
- Write a post for parents about how to have family fun during the last days of summer.
- Create a local family fun night with the help of other local businesses.
- Photographers can offer family portraits, restaurants can provide the food and coupons, and other businesses can set up fun and informational tables.
- Black Business Month
- Retailers: Take the 15% Pledge and start selling products made by Black-owned businesses.
- B2B businesses: Interview a Black business owner and share their tips on running a business, overcoming prejudice, or dealing with common challenges of clients.
- Any business: Show people how to support Black businesses.
- Black-owned businesses: Use the “Black-owned” attribute tag on Google and Instagram.
- Back to School Month
- Salons: Offer special deals on back-to-school haircuts.
- Spas: Invite parents in for an end-of-summer massage.
- Schools and after-school programs: Offer early bird registration deals.
- Personal trainers or fitness centers: Offer discount packages.
- Dentists or nutritionists: Encourage appointments or give healthy tips.
- Any business: Run a re-engagement campaign to bring back any customers who were gone over the summer.