Marketing your business in November means more than talking turkey. Here are our marketing ideas to grow your small business.
Month-Long Marketing Ideas
November is a great time to run promotions that include blog posts, sales, social media posts, contests, and more around these themes.
- Lung Cancer Awareness - Sign up for fundraising activities such as a walk or a virtual race to get out into your community. Caterers can share photos from events, health-related businesses can share news articles, educational posts, or survivor stories, and artists can showcase awareness-inspired work.
- National Entrepreneurship Month - Run content such as webinars, online guides, or live Q&A sessions about starting or growing a business. Share your story, including obstacles you faced and how you got past them, or pitch your story to your local newspaper to get PR and provide inspiration. If your audience isn’t entrepreneurs, share content on themes like goal setting, persistence, and leadership that are practical and valuable for everyone.
- National Gratitude Month - Show customers, clients, followers, and subscribers appreciation. Give businesses you work with a social media shoutout. Use gratitude quotes to create and share branded images or engage your followers with a gratitude challenge. You can also run a contest where customers submit a video or photo of them using or recommending your product, with permission for you to use it on your website or social media platforms. In return, offer a discount or freebie to participants, and a prize for the best submission. Customers will feel good and you get content that you can use as social proof.
Other month-long marketing themes include:
- Daylight Savings Time
- Adopt A Turkey Month
- National Inspirational Role Models Month
- Family Stories Month
- National Novel Writing Month
- Gluten-Free Diet Awareness Month
- National Healthy Skin Month
- National Native American Heritage Month
- Military Family Month
- Movember/No-Shave November
Here are some marketing ideas that last about a week.
- November 1-7: World Communication Week
- November 7-14: National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week
- November 7-13: Dear Santa Letter Week, World Kindness Week
- November 14-21: National Hunger & Homeless Awareness Week
- November 15-21: National Global Entrepreneurship Week
- November 20-27: International Games Week
- November 21-27: National Family Week
Daily November Holidays
From Thanksgiving to Small Business Saturday, there are plenty of daily marketing opportunities in November. Here are our ideas.
- Thanksgiving (Nov. 25) - Let people know what you’re grateful for about them and how much they matter with genuine and heartfelt social media posts. Give back to the community through charity runs, food drives, or fundraising events, and encourage your customers, local audience, and social media followers to participate also. Offer specials and advice, and promote relevant products and services. You can also write high-quality and SEO-friendly Thanksgiving-related posts.
- Black Friday (Nov. 26) - Promote your deals all month so customers will be ready for them. Create social media events for your specials by posting updates and reminders that let followers invite their friends and post on their calendars. Support #BlackOwned Friday and #BuyBlackFriday on your blog or social media with a featured piece of content, a success story, or an interview about a local Black-owned business. If you're a Black-owned business, run a special promotion.
- Small Business Saturday (Nov. 27) - Here are some things you can do:
- Register your business through the official American Express site
- Highlight products and sales using email, social media, your website, and in-store signs.
- Support other local small businesses or partner with them to craft and share a gift guide or host a sidewalk sale.
- Thank your customers for their support, and remind them why shopping small matters.
- Cyber Monday (Nov. 29) - Prepare by choosing some promotions to run and promoting them on your website and Cyber Monday promos using your social media pages. Run a raffle, offer a special deal for customers who respond on a social media page, or post a behind-the-scenes video of how you handle the day.
Here are some other November holidays:
- November 1: Día de Los Muertos/All Saints Day, Extra Mile Day
- November 7: Daylight Saving Time ends at 2 am
- November 9: World Freedom Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
- November 13: World Kindness Day
- November 14: International Girls Day
- November 15: America Recycles Day
- November 17: National Unfriend Day, Take A Hike Day
- November 19: International Men’s Day, Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- November 20: Universal Children’s Day
- November 24: Celebrate Your Unique Talent Day
- November 30: Giving Tuesday
If you want to know more about marketing, read our article What Is Local SEO? or contact us.
Tags: cover-story, November Marketing