As a small business owner, it’s not always easy to come up with a marketing strategy. Today, there are many options to choose from, among which include video-sharing platforms, digital advertising, video marketing, blog content and social media marketing.
Among the wide array of options available is email marketing, which many tend to neglect. Interestingly, email marketing is a strategy that has been around for a while. It’s also one of the most effective marketing strategies available.
In this article we’ll take you through some of the best email marketing practices to help your small business grow. Continue reading for more.
How To Grow Your Small Business with Email Marketing
The tips below provide easy-to-implement ways to enhance audience engagement with your business:
Use Easy Signing Up Processes
Your email marketing list won’t grow if the sign-up form is hidden on your website. The ideal thing to do is to include subscription forms across your website so that it’s easily seen by people engaging with your content.
You can include the subscription forms on your About page, homepage, and landing page. The website footer sections, near navigation menu, sidebar widget areas, and blog contents are also areas where you can include the sign-up form.
Make Email Marketing Content Unique
Your audience won’t engage if you constantly send promotional emails. You need to make them feel that you provide valuable content. The best way to achieve this is by mixing up the content you offer and sending different types of emails.
Here are some email contents that can help you win the attention of your audience:
- Promotions: Even though it’s not advisable to send nonstop promotional materials, it’s important to note that people usually like to see special deals or upcoming sales offers. You can offer free shipping, and coupons via emails to boost your revenue and click-through rate (CTR).
- Newsletter: This is a platform for different types of information. With a Newsletter, you can conveniently send promotional materials without causing your audience to think you’re only focused on sales. You can also link your social media platforms and blog content to a newsletter to boost your social presence.
- Product and Service Information: You can send emails to your customers with information about the different products and services you offer. Also include key information like product launch and feature updates.
- Events: You can use emails to invite your customers to any event that your business is hosting. This can be an educational seminar, a product launch, or a product demo.
- Offer sign-up incentives
As mentioned earlier, the sign-up process should be easy. In addition to that, you can also use incentives to encourage your visitors to subscribe to your email list. People will be eager to submit their email addresses when they are sure they will get something in return.
Segment Email Lists
Sending generic email campaigns to your customers will not increase your engagement. The key to improving your email marketing strategy is through personalization. This is an effective way of keeping your subscribers engaged and on your list.
Segmenting email lists to groups is an approach that helps to boost CTR. All you need to do is to send contents that are unique for each group. For example, you can have content for subscribers who recently made a purchase and separate promotional content for new subscribers.
Call to Action
Email marketing campaigns require clear CTAs, regardless of the type of email you send. This approach helps to increase engagement with businesses, content, and websites. Here are some tips that will make your subscribers click your CTA button:
- Avoid making the CTA wordy.
- The CTA should be easy to find.
- It should be exciting and visually clear.
- Use action-oriented words like “Download Now.”
In addition to getting your customers on your email list, you also need to encourage them to take further action. With a clear CTA, you can easily achieve this.
Prioritize Email Marketing
Email marketing is a great way to make your small business succeed, and even surpass some of the big names within your industry. However, you need to make your email lists a priority if you want to see results. By following the tips above, you can be sure to get people to interact with your business and make purchases.
In addition to everything above, you can also use email marketing services to send email campaigns. With these services, you can easily track and manage your list. These services will also allow you to create responsive and attractive email designs. With Ellipsis Email Marketing Program, you get all the services you need to build strong relationships with current, previous and future customers.
Want to know more about email marketing services? Contact us now!!!
Tags: email marketing, small businesses