Whether you’re looking for the whole month or just one day, we’ve got some great local marketing ideas for August to increase sales and grow your business.
Month-Long Marketing Ideas for August 2023
August has several month-long awareness marketing opportunities that include the following.
- Family Fun Month
- Join with nearby attractions to offer coupons.
- Create a post or email newsletter article about the best family-friendly places in the neighborhood and publish it on your website, and on local community sites like Next Door.
- Write a post for parents about how to have family fun during the last days of summer.
- Create a local family fun night with the help of other local businesses.
- Photographers can offer family portraits, restaurants can provide food and coupons, and other businesses can set up fun and informational tables.
- Black Business Month
- Retailers: Take the 15% Pledge and start selling products made by Black-owned businesses.
- B2B businesses: Interview a Black business owner and share their tips on running a business, overcoming prejudice, or dealing with common challenges of clients.
- Any business: Show people how to support Black businesses.
- Black-owned businesses: Use the “Black-owned” attribute tag on Google and Instagram.
- Back to School Month
- Salons: Offer special deals on back-to-school haircuts.
- Spas: Invite parents in for an end-of-summer massage.
- Schools and after-school programs: Offer early bird registration deals.
- Personal trainers or fitness centers: Offer discount packages.
- Dentists or nutritionists: Encourage appointments or give healthy tips.
- Any business: Run a re-engagement campaign to bring back any customers who were gone over the summer.
Other ideas for month-long campaigns:
- Immunization Awareness Month
- Happiness Happens Month
Daily Marketing Ideas
Here are some of the unique days that you can use for marketing your business in August.
- Dollar Day (Aug 8) - Make money-saving-themed posts, take a dollar off your products or services, or offer something for just $1.
- World Humanitarian Day (Aug 19) - To recognize those who lost their lives working for humanitarian causes, offer quotes from Mother Theresa, and Gandhi, or feature more recent individuals to educate your audience about the current world crises. You can also make donations to a humanitarian organization or encourage your audience to do something good.
- Senior Citizens Day (Aug 21) - Senior living communities can host an open house barbeque to honor residents and give potential residents a look at what you do. Local businesses can offer to sponsor or cater an event or stop by with free products or services for the residents of local senior centers.
Other days you can use for marketing in August include:
- August 1 - Girlfriends Day, Raspberry Cream Pie Day, World Wide Web Day
- August 2 - Ice Cream Sandwich Day, Coloring Book Day, Take a Penny / Leave a Penny Day
- August 3 - Clean Your Floors Day, Grab Some Nuts Day, Watermelon Day
- August 4 - Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, U.S. Coast Guard Day, White Wine Day
- August 5 - Underwear Day, Oyster Day, Work Like A Dog Day
- August 6 - International Hangover Day, Clown Day, Fresh Breath Day, Wiggle Your Toes Day
- August 7 - Professional Speakers Day, Beach Party Day, Lighthouse Day
- August 8 - International Cat Day, Zucchini Day, Digital Nomad Day
- August 9 - Book Lover’s Day, Coworking Day, Hand Holding Day
- August 10 - Lazy Day, S'mores Day, World Lion Day
- August 11 - Presidential Joke Day, Sons and Daughters Day, Hip Hop Day
- August 12 - Garage Sale Day, Vinyl Record Day, World Elephant Day
- August 13 - Left Hander's Day, Filet Mignon Day, Melon Day
- August 14 - Creamsicle Day, World Lizard Day
- August 15 - Relaxation Day, World Greatness Day
- August 16 - Roller Coaster Day, Bratwurst Day
- August 17 - Thriftshop Day, Non-Profit Day
- August 18 - Bad Poetry Day, Serendipity Day
- August 19 - Aviation Day, Potato Day
- August 20 - Radio Day, World Mosquito Day
- August 21 - Spumoni Day, Poets Day
- August 22 - Tooth Fairy Day, Be An Angel Day
- August 23 - Ride The Wind Day, Cuban Sandwich Day
- August 24 - Burger Day, Knife Day
- August 25 - Kiss and Make Up Day, Banana Split Day
- August 26 - Dog Day, Women's Equality Day
- August 27 - Just Because Day, Tarzan Day
- August 28 - Bow Tie Day, Red Wine Day
- August 29 - Chop Suey Day, Individual Rights Day
- August 30 - Frankenstein Day, Beach Day
- August 31 - Eat Outside Day, Trail Mix Day
There’s also Simplify Your Life Week (August 7-13), state and county fairs to get involved with, and preparing for Labor Day.
If you want to learn more about marketing your business, read our article, “ How To Build Your Email Marketing List”, or contact us.