California Small Business Grants To Kick Start A Strong 2022
Grants are a great way to give your business a boost for the new year. Here is a list of some that are available in California.
2022 California Business Grants
There are state, federal, and private sources of money for small businesses. Here are some of them.
- Employment Training Panel (ETP) - Provides funding to employers for training that upgrades the skills of their workers.
- Relief Grants - Small businesses and nonprofits can apply for a chance to receive a relief grant between $5,000 and $25,000 from the state of California to be used for COVID-19 related costs, such as employee expenses, business rent, and costs associated with complying with government health orders.
- National Institute of Health Grants (NIH) - Grant opportunities related to COVID-19 research, reserved for small businesses that develop and research biomedical technology.
- NIDILRR's SBIR program - Provides grants that support the improvement of the lives of those with disabilities.
- Small Business Innovation Research Program (SBIR) - Offers grants to small businesses to participate in federal research and development with the potential for commercialization.
- Small Business Technology Transfer Program (STTR) - The STTR program focuses on funding research in R&D.
- U.S. Department of Commerce Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) - Targeted grants and loans designed to aid minority-owned businesses.
- U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Clean Energy Grants - Funding for small businesses working toward climate change.
- U.S. Small Business Administration State Trade Expansion Program (STEP) - Assist small businesses desiring to export products. Financial assistance can be used to participate in foreign trade missions and shows, obtain entry to foreign markets, develop websites and design international marketing products or campaigns.
- U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA) - Ongoing funding opportunities for projects that support regional and national economic development, such as construction, non-construction, planning, technical assistance, research and evaluation, higher education, and more.
- Amber Grant for Women - The first week of every month, they give $10,000 to women pursuing their entrepreneurial passions. At the end of each year, they also grant one special woman $25,000 of funding.
- The Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) - Provides more than $16 billion in grants to venues such as performing arts organizations, music venues, and movie theaters that were shuttered by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- FedEx Small Business Grant Contest - A grant program by FedEx to award twelve U.S.-based small businesses with grants up to $50,000 and up to $7,500 in FedEx Office print and business services.
- Citizens Minority-Owned Small Business Grant Program - Meant to advance social equity and economic opportunity, 100 minority-owned small businesses are chosen to receive $15,000 grants to help support them, their employees, and the communities they serve.
- Nav’s Small Business Grant - Gives $10,000 to help a deserving business take their company to the next level.
- National Association for the Self-Employed (NASE) Growth Grant - Awards grants to entrepreneurs to help grow small businesses. Winners can receive up to $4,000 to go towards marketing, team growth, and other needs.
- Eileen Fisher Women-Owned Business Grants Program - Awards women entrepreneurs with a business that has positive impacts on the environment and women's representation, provides and demonstrates helpful information on climate change, mitigation, and advocacy, help lead and engages other women in the sustainable economy, and meet all eligibility requirements.
- Live Your Dream Award - Each year grants educational funds to passionate women who have survived sexual violence or other traumatic events. They offer programs and funding that help women build confidence, advance their careers, and overcome unexpected situations.
- Cartier Women's Initiative Award - Created for eco-friendly and sustainable women-owned businesses, they have regional awards and science and technology pioneer awards.
- StreetShares Foundation - They grant businesses funding, share educational content, provide mentors and coaching, and host networking events.
- Sephora Accelerate - This program helps fund and inspire entrepreneurs in the beauty industry. If your business is focused on makeup, skincare, or hair products, this may be a great opportunity for you.
- The USDA Rural Business Enterprise Grant Program - The USDA offers grants to increase job opportunities and stimulate economic development, such as a small business enterprise grant program assisting rural small business owners.
- The Small Business Administration (SBA) - The SBA grant program offers funding options such as COVID-19 relief, research and development, exporting, and associate rewards.
- Economic Development Administration (EDA) Grants - The Build to Scale (B2S) Program has made federal funds open to startups.
If you want to know more about grants, read our article “Is Getting A Small Business Grant For Minority Owned Businesses Right For You?”, or contact us.
Tags: grants, 2022
[2022-02-22] Important Small Business Tax Filing Deadlines
[2022-01-18] 2022 Web Page Design Trends For Small Business
[2023-01-25] How to Plan Facebook Ads Campaign
[2023-01-25] How to Plan Facebook Ads Campaign
[2023-01-17] Seven Steps of Effective Small Business SEO
[2023-01-12] February Small Business Marketing Ideas (Updated for 2023)