If you want your small business to succeed, you’re going to have to market it. Here’s our list of digital marketing ideas you may have never tried, but should.
Five Digital Marketing Ideas You May Have Never Tried
Marketing is the art of getting the right message in front of the right person at the right time. Here are five ways that you can do that.
- Newsletters - Have an email newsletter signup popup on your website. Most websites either don’t have an option for a newsletter signup or if they do they put very little emphasis on it. It’s usually thrown in at the bottom of the website in the footer. Many businesses believe that email newsletters are a waste of time and don’t generate any business. The reality is that email newsletters are one of the cheapest ways of building awareness and trust in your business. If you don’t have the time, energy, or skills to write your own newsletter, you can outsource it to a professional writer. Hiring a professional writer will cost you money, but you’ll get far more value in return for your investment.
- Birthdays and Anniversaries - Send birthday or anniversary emails to your clients and prospects. People love receiving birthday wishes. If you know the birthdays and anniversaries of your clients and prospects, you can set up email automation to send them a quick message recognizing their special day. If you don’t have these dates for your customers, you can still send them an anniversary email based on when they became a part of your email list.
- Blogs - Publish blog posts on a consistent basis. Many business owners, especially those in the retail industry, believe that regular blog posts won’t work for them, but they’re wrong. Every time you post a blog, you are not only creating content that could attract a potential lead to your website, but you are also letting Google know that your website has fresh content and this helps improve your SEO ranking and where you show up in searches.
- Unique Photos and Videos - Use your own photos and videos on your website and in your ads. You can even ask your audience to send you their own photos and videos and reward them with discounts or other incentives. Many businesses simply use stock photos on their websites and in their ads but this isn’t necessarily the best option. Studies have shown that actual business photos and videos generate more trust and purchase intent from potential buyers. Some other benefits of using unique photos and videos include:
- Search Results - Search engines like unique content and will reward you for it with a better ranking on their results pages.
- Authority - When you use unique photos and videos it makes you look more authoritative. In a crowded marketplace, your unique content will make you stand out from the competition that relies on stock images.
- Promotion - You can use your unique photos and videos to further promote your business by sharing them through your social media pages.
- Quizzes and Contests - Run online quizzes and contests, people love them. Instead of just asking people to contact you, ask them to take a quiz. This way people stay longer on your website, and will potentially remember your business for a longer period of time. Here’s how to create effective quizzes and contests.
- Know Your Goals - When you know your goals, you can design your quizzes and contests to support them.
- Have A Relevant Prize - A good prize should be brand-related and something that your target audience wants, such as coupon codes/discounts to be used on your website/in-store, your products, or access to your services.
- Design Your Contest - Some popular types of contests that you can use include photos and video contests, “pick your favorite” contests, mention and/or hashtag contests, writing or essay contest, instant win contests, “refer-a-friend” contest, and giveaways.
- Promote Your Contest - To get the most out of your contest, you should promote it everywhere, here’s how.
- Create a landing page for your contest
- Send an email blast to your list to let them know about your contest and where they need to go to sign up.
- Promote the contest across all your social channels.
- Promote your contest on your website and/or blog (create a banner to promote it or write a blog post about it)
- Create an ad campaign.
If you want more marketing ideas, check out our article, “Five Growth Marketing Ideas for New Local Businesses”, or contact us.
Tags: digital marketing, ideas