If you’ve got a work-from-home business, investing in a good website is a good idea. Here are the reasons why.
How A Good Website Can Help Your Work-From-Home Business
Whether you’re a music teacher, a business coach, a travel planner, a cybersecurity consultant, or have any other work-from-home business, investing in a good website will provide you with many benefits that give you more time to focus on running your business. Here are a few of the most important ones.
- Online Sales Channel - Building a website is cheaper than opening a store. You can reach customers online anywhere in the world and make shopping easy and comfortable for customers by customizing their experience based on past sales and preferences.
- Lead Generator - Your website can work to convert site visitors into leads. A website designed for lead generation actively educates your visitors and offers opportunities for them to learn more about your company, your products, and your services. As visitors travel through their buyer journeys, a lead generation website will work to convert qualified leads. A lead generation website is designed and optimized to actively convert visitors into educated, qualified leads. When your lead generation website is up and running, it has the potential to deliver qualified leads to you 24/7 and increases your potential for growth. A successful lead generation website will:
- Start with a solid website
- Build trust
- Make contact easy
- Consider your end goal first
- Add quality forms
- Use conversion opportunities that address each stage of the buyer's journey
- Create buyer persona and pillar page-specific content offers
- Consider live chat
- Get creative with CTAs
- Test and optimize
- Appointment Booking - An integrated scheduling system frees you up from administrative busywork. It can send out booking confirmations that integrate with your customer’s calendars, making it less likely that they will forget their appointment. Appointment reminders and cancellations can also be automated. It can send out reminders the day before an appointment and allow users to cancel or reschedule with the click of a button. This saves you from time-consuming phone calls and reduces no-shows.
- Professional Image - A business website isn’t free and signals that you’re a serious business. It makes you look more professional and credible. Anyone can create fast and free social media pages but this low barrier to entry takes away much of the credibility of social media pages. Customers don’t know who’s behind the page, where they are, or if it’s a scam.
- Increased Visibility - There are over 4.5 billion active internet users worldwide, and over 90% of them access the Internet with mobile devices. Without a website, your business is practically invisible to these people.
- Social Proof - What customers say about your business can determine will buy from you or not. Review websites are good, but your website is the best place for people to get more information about your business. Display your best testimonials on your website to establish trust and social proof. Publishing your best reviews on your website also ensures that third-party review sites don’t minimize the good things people say about your business.
- Lasting Value - Investing in a business website will continue to generate value for you for years after it’s been created. Paid ads on social media only get seen for as long as you run them. If people don’t see it the first time, you’ll have to pay again to re-run the ad campaign. A business website gives you ROI over time, even if it doesn’t give you returns in the first year.
- Customer Service - When your website contains important information your customers need, it will eliminate the need for them to call you for answers to simple questions. Not having to take time to answer simple questions reduces demands on your time and allows you to be more productive. By helping customers, your website also improves the customer experience.
- Competitive Edge - An effective website allows you to compete with your larger competitors. With a properly optimized website, it’s possible to outrank bigger websites and get quality leads organically from search engines.
- Complete Control - Unlike social media platforms, your website is your property, so you have absolute design freedom. You can share user reviews, videos, images, and whatever else you want. You don’t have to follow the constantly changing rules of social platforms or worry about social media blackouts, which happen from time to time.
If you want to know more about websites for your business, read our article, “Website Building: DIY vs. Design Agency”, or contact us.
Tags: website, work-from-home business