People looking for a dentist these days are typically going to start their search, which makes it very important that you advertise your dental business there. Here’s what you need to know.
How to Advertise Your Dental Business Online
Just like any business, it's more important than ever for dentists to have a strong online presence. It's essential to make sure your practice is visible and accessible to potential patients. While you’ll want to use some of the effective online advertising techniques common to most businesses, you’ll also want to give local marketing special attention since the majority of potential clients will be looking for a dentist close to where they live. Here are some ways to advertise your dental business online.
- Create A Website - This is the online home of your dental business, so make sure that it's well-designed, informative, and easy to navigate. Your website should include information about your practice, your services, your team, and your hours of operation. Include testimonials, case studies, and photos that show happy customers and their positive results. Your dental website can act as a virtual business card and can include a blog, 24-hour online appointment making, and a memorable logo and tagline. It should also be optimized for search engines (SEO) so that people can find it when they search for dental care in your area (more about this later in the Local Marketing section).
- Use Social Media - Social media can help create brand awareness and is a great way to connect with potential patients and build relationships. You can create profiles for your practice on all the popular social media platforms where you think potential customers spend time. Share informative and engaging content about your practice, your services, and your patients. Examples of good social media content could include quotes from testimonials, before and after photos, and free dental care tips to demonstrate your expertise.
- Run Paid Advertisements - Paid advertising can be a great way to reach a wider audience and generate more leads. You can use platforms like Google Ads and Facebook Ads to target people who are searching for dental care in your area. Online Ads are typically Pay-Per-Click (PPC). PPC is a form of online advertising where you pay a fee each time someone clicks on one of your ads. PPC can drive targeted traffic to your website. You can also use Google Local Service Ads (LSAs). LSAs can help dentists increase visibility and reach new local patients.
- Local Marketing - When people look for a dentist online, they usually want one close to where they are. Search engines know this and present people with ads for the best local dentists since that’s what they want. You want your dental business to appear at the top choice of those searches, so you need to employ local marketing techniques to ensure that it happens. Local marketing involves a variety of things that that teach search engines that you’re the best local choice for a dentist and therefore deserve to be listed first.
No matter how you do your online advertising for your dental business, you’ll want to do the following things as well.
- Use High-Quality Images and Videos - Great visual content will capture attention and engage viewers. Make sure your website and social media profiles are full of high-quality images and videos that showcase your practice and your services.
- Write Clear and Concise Content - When people are searching for dental care online, they want to find information that is easy to understand. Make sure your website content is clear, concise, and informative.
- Use Keywords Strategically - When you're optimizing your website for search engines, it's important to use keywords that people are likely to use when searching for dental care. Do some research to find the right keywords for your target audience.
- Track Your Results - It's important to track the results of your online efforts so that you can see what's working and what's not. Use tools like Google Analytics to track website traffic and conversions.
By following the suggestions in this guide, you can successfully advertise your dental business through a strong online presence that will attract more new patients. If, however, you don’t have the time, energy, or skill to create and implement an effective online advertising plan for your dental business, consider finding a local marketing agency that can help.
If you want to learn more about advertising your business online, you can read our article, “The Five Best Alternatives To Google Ads”, or contact us.
Tags: dental business, online advertising