January is the first month of the new year and it’s a perfect time to start the year strong. Here are our January marketing ideas to grow your small business.
Month-Long Marketing Ideas
Here are some ideas that you can use to run month-long marketing campaigns that include blog posts, sales, social media posts, contests, and more.
- National Thank You Month - Give gratitude. Run a campaign that recognizes your best customers with a special perk and a social media shoutout. Acknowledge your social media superfans with a special thank you. Reward followers or subscribers with an exclusive discount to thank them for reading your posts and emails.
Here are some more month-long marketing opportunities.
- National Mentoring Month
- National Get Organized Month
- Get A Balanced Life Month
- International Creativity Month
- Financial Wellness Month
- National Be On-Purpose Month
- National Clean Up Your Computer Month
- International Brain Teaser Month
- Self-Love Month
- U.S. Shape Up Month
- Veganuary Month
- National Hobby Month
- Celebration Of Life Month
- National Oatmeal Month
- Be Kind To Food Servers Month
- National Hot Tea Month
- National Hot Soup Month
Weekly Marketing Ideas
Want to plan a multi-day marketing campaign? Try one or more of these ideas.
- January 1-7: Diet Resolution Week
- January 2-8: Someday We’ll Laugh About This Week
- January 5-8: Elvis’ Birthday Celebration Week
- January 8-14: Home Office Safety and Security Week
- January 15-21: National Fresh Squeezed Juice Week, Hunt For Happiness Week
- January 23-27: National Activity Professionals Week, Clean Out Your Inbox Week
Daily Marketing Ideas
There’s a marketing idea for every day in the month of January. Here are a few.
- New Year's Day (Jan.1) - Take time to wish everyone a Happy New Year both in-person and online.
- Motivation And Inspiration Day (Jan. 2) - Give your audience a nudge in the right direction by posting motivational and inspirational quotes on your social media pages.
- I’m Not Going To Take It Anymore Day (Jan. 7) - Encourage your audience to make posts that talk about what they don’t like about the industry you’re in.
- Peculiar People Day (Jan. 10) - Ask people to share what makes them unique and share what makes you different from everybody.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Jan. 16) - Find a community service opportunity in your neighborhood and ask your local audience to join you. Take photos to share on social, or do a short “Live” video to promote the cause and talk about what you’re doing. You can also share one of MLK’s inspiring quotes on your social channels.
Here are more daily marketing ideas.
- January 1: Hangover Day
- January 2: Science Fiction Day, World Introvert Day, Thank God It's Monday Day
- January 3: JRR Tolkien Day, Festival of Sleep Day, Humiliation Day
- January 4: Trivia Day, Spaghetti Day
- January 5: Keto Day, Bird Day
- January 6: Sherlock Holmes' Birthday, Cuddle Up Day, Bean Day
- January 7: Old Rock Day, Orthodox Christmas
- January 8: Bubble Bath Day, World Typing Day
- January 9: Static Electricity Day, Word Nerd Day
- January 10: Bittersweet Chocolate Day, Houseplant Appreciation Day
- January 11: Learn Your Name in Morse Code Day
- January 12: Pharmacist Day, Hot Tea Day
- January 13: Rubber Ducky Day, Make Your Dream Come True Day
- January 14: Dress Up Your Pet Day, World Logic Day
- January 15: Hat Day, Bagel Day
- January 16: Nothing Day, Appreciate a Dragon Day
- January 17: Ditch New Year’s Resolutions Day, Benjamin Franklin Day
- January 18: Thesaurus Day, Winnie The Pooh Day
- January 19: Popcorn Day, Tin Can Day
- January 20: Penguin Awareness Day, Cheese Lovers Day
- January 21: Hugging Day, Squirrel Appreciation Day
- January 22: Blonde Brownie Day
- January 23: Pie Day, Handwriting Day
- January 24: Compliment Day, Belly Laugh Day
- January 25: Opposite Day, A Room Of One’s Own Day
- January 26: Spouses Day, Peanut Brittle Day
- January 27: Chocolate Cake Day, Punch the Clock Day
- January 28: Kazoo Day, Data Privacy Day
- January 29: Puzzle Day, Puzzle Day, Corn Chip Day
- January 30: Draw a Dinosaur Day, Croissant Day
- January 31: Backward Day, Inspire Your Heart With Art Day
January is also the perfect time to make resolutions for marketing your business better in the new year. Here are a few ideas for business resolutions.
- Review the previous year.
- Keep using marketing strategies that are working.
- Ask your audience what needs to be improved.
- Share your business resolutions on social media.
- Try a new marketing channel.
If you want to know more about marketing, read our article “Best Social Media Platforms for Small Businesses” or contact us.
Tags: cover-story, January marketing