January is the first month of the new year and a perfect time to start the year strong. Here are our January 2022 marketing ideas to grow your small business.
Month-Long Marketing Ideas
Here are some ideas that you can use to run month-long marketing campaigns that include blog posts, sales, social media posts, contests, and more.
- National Thank You Month - Give gratitude. Run a campaign that recognizes your best customers with a special perk and a social media shoutout. Acknowledge your social media superfans with a special thank you. Reward followers or subscribers with an exclusive discount to thank them for reading your posts and emails.
Here are some more month-long marketing opportunities.
- National Mentoring Month
- National Get Organized Month
- Get A Balanced Life Month
- International Creativity Month
- Financial Wellness Month
- National Be On-Purpose Month
- National Clean Up Your Computer Month
- International Brainteaser Month
- Self-Love Month
- Shape Up U.S. Month
- Veganuary Month
- National Hobby Month
- Celebration Of Life Month
- National Oatmeal Month
- Be Kind To Food Servers Month
- National Hot Tea Month
- National Hot Soup Moth
Weekly Marketing Ideas
Want to plan a multi-day marketing campaign? Try one or more of these ideas.
- January 1-7: Diet Resolution Week
- January 2-8: Someday We’ll Laugh About This Week
- January 6-9: Elvis’ Birthday Celebration Week
- January 9-15: Home Office Safety and Security Week
- January 16-24: National Fresh Squeezed Juice Week, Hunt For Happiness Week
- January 23-29: National Activity Professionals Week, Clean Out Your Inbox Week
Daily Marketing Ideas
There’s a marketing idea for every day in the month of January. Here they are.
- New Years Day (Jan.1) - Take time to wish everyone a Happy New Year both in-person and online.
- Motivation And Inspiration Day (Jan. 2) - Give your audience a nudge in the right direction by posting motivational and inspirational quotes on your social media pages.
- I’m Not Going To Take It Anymore Day (Jan. 7) - Encourage your audience to make posts that talk about what they don’t like about the industry you’re in.
- Peculiar People Day (Jan. 10) - Ask people to share what makes them unique and share what makes you different from everybody.
- Martin Luthor King, Jr. Day (Jan. 17) - Find a community service opportunity in your neighborhood and ask your local audience to join you. Take photos to share on social, or do a short “Live” video to promote the cause and talk about what you’re doing. You can also share one of MLK’s inspiring quotes on your social channels.
Here are more daily marketing ideas.
- January 1: Ring A Bell Day, Copyright Law Day
- January 2: Science Fiction Day, World Introvert Day
- January 3: JRR Tolkien Day, Drinking Straw Day, Festival Of Sleep Day
- January 4: Trivia Day, World Braille Day
- January 5: Keto Day, Whipped Cream Day, Bird Day
- January 6: Technology Day, Cuddle Up Day, Bean Day
- January 7: Old Rock Day, Tempura Day, Bobblehead Day
- January 8: Bubble Bath Day, JoyGerm Day
- January 9: Apricot Day, Balloon Ascension Day
- January 10: Bittersweet Chocolate Day
- January 11: Step In A Puddle And Splash Your Friends Day, Heritage Treasures Day
- January 12: Kiss A Ginger Day, Marzipan Day
- January 13: Sticker Day, Rubber Ducky Day
- January 14: Dress Up Your Pet Day, International Kite Day
- January 15: Hat Day, Bagel Day
- January 16: Nothing Day, Religious Freedom Day
- January 17: Ditch New Year’s Resolutions Day
- January 18: Thesaurus Day, Winnie The Pooh Day
- January 19: Popcorn Day, Tin Can Day
- January 20: Disc Jockey Day, Cheese Lovers Day
- January 21: Hugging Day, Playdate Day
- January 22: Answer Your Cat’s Questions Day, Hot Sauce Day
- January 23: Pie Day, Measure Your Feet Day
- January 24: Beer Can Appreciation Day, Peanut Butter Day
- January 25: Opposite Day, A Room Of One’s Own Day
- January 26: Australia Day, Peanut Brittle Day
- January 27: Chocolate Cake Day, World Breast Pumping Day
- January 28: Fun At Work Day, International Lego Day
- January 29: Puzzle Day, Curmudgeons Day
- January 30: Inane Answering Message Day, Croissant Day
- January 31: Bubble Wrap Day, Backward Day
January is also the perfect time to make resolutions for marketing your business better in the new year. Here are a few ideas for business resolutions.
- Review 2021
- Keep using marketing strategies that are working
- Ask your audience what needs to be improved
- Share your business resolutions on social media
- Try a new marketing channel
If you want to know more about marketing, read our article “Best Social Media Platforms for Small Businesses” or contact us.
Tags: cover-story, January marketing