June Small Business Marketing Ideas (Updated For 2023)
June is about freedom and fresh air. It also has enough holidays and monthly events for every kind of business. Here are some ideas for marketing your business in June.
Almost every day in the month of June has one or more holidays that you can use to attract customers. Here are some marketing ideas.
- Cancer Survivor’s Day (June 4) - Share cancer survival stories from team members or customers, or post inspirational articles, quotes, and photos.
- Flag Day (June 14) - A day to celebrate America. Incorporate American flag themes into your products and content or offer discounts on red, white, or blue items.
- Father’s Day (June 18) - You can offer discounts, sales, and more to promote your business. Create a gift ideas blog post, including what you offer and geared toward the dads of your target audience. Put together creative, visually appealing gift baskets. Restaurants can pair gift cards with food or beverage items. Spas or salons can run specials on men’s grooming supplies. Or just reduce the worries of last-minute shoppers with a flexible return policy.
- Public Service Day (June 23) - Feature prominent community members on social media or offer discounts to public sector workers.
Here are more days in June that you can use to generate business.
- June 1 - Flip a Coin Day, International Children’s Day
- June 2 - Donut Day, Rocky Road Day,
- June 3 - Egg Day, Trails Day, World Bicycle Day
- June 4 - Cheese Day, Corgi Day, Hug Your Cat Day
- June 5 - Hot Air Balloon Day, Veggie Burger Day, World Environment Day
- June 6 - D-Day (WWII), Gardening Exercise Day, Yo-Yo Day
- June 7 - Chocolate Ice Cream Day, Global Running Day
- June 8 - Best Friends Day, World Ocean Day
- June 9 - Meal Prep Day, Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Day
- June 10 - Herb and Spices Day, Iced Tea Day, Black Cow Day
- June 11 - Children’s Day, Corn on the Cob Day, Say “Hi” Day
- June 12 - Peanut Butter Cookie Day, Eat Flexitarian Day, International Falafel Day
- June 13 - Weed Your Garden Day, Sewing Machine Day, World Softball Day
- June 14 - Strawberry Shortcake Day, World Blood Donor Day
- June 15 - Nature Photography Day, Prune Day, World Tapas Day
- June 16 - Flip Flop Day, Fudge Day, World Sea Turtle Day
- June 17 - Eat Your Vegetables Day, International Surfing Day, Mascot Day
- June 18 - Go Fishing Day, International Picnic Day, International Sushi Day
- June 19 - Juneteenth, Martini Day
- June 20 - Ice Cream Soda Day, Vanilla Milkshake Day
- June 21 - Go Skateboarding Day, International Yoga Day, Sea Shell Day, Selfie Day
- June 22 - Chocolate Eclair Day, Onion Ring Day, World Rainforest Day
- June 23 - International Women In Engineering Day, Take Your Dog To Work Day, Pink Day
- June 24 - Midsummer, Swim a Lap Day, Upcycling Day
- June 25 - Strawberry Parfait Day, Catfish Day
- June 26 - Chocolate Pudding Day
- June 27 - Onion Day, Sun Glasses Day, Orange Blossom Day
- June 28 - Tapioca Day
- June 29 - Bomb Pop Day, Camera Day, International Day Of The Tropics, Waffle Iron Day
- June 30 - Food Truck Day, Social Media Day
Great for social media posts, blogs, emails, and promotions, here are some events that span the whole month of June.
- Great Outdoors Month - With lockdowns ending, people will be especially excited to get outside this year. Create a blog or social media post about the best places to get outside and experience nature and ask followers to share their favorite spots. You can run an email campaign that highlights ideas and places to visit each week. If you host indoor classes, take them outside. Run a sidewalk sale. If a local business sells outdoor gear, ask them to donate items for an outdoors kit or a discount that you could offer in a giveaway. You can also promote their business on social media or donate your products to them. You can also just post inspirational outdoor images.
Here are some other opportunities in June.
- African American Music Appreciation Month
- Alzheimer's and Brain Awareness Month
- Caribbean American Heritage Month
- Cucumber Month
- International Surf Music Month
- Lemon Month
- Gay and Lesbian Pride Month
- National Adopt a Cat Month
- National Camping Month
- National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month
- National Iced Tea Month
- National Mango Month
- National Men’s Health Month
- National Microchip Month
- National Migraine and Headache Awareness Month
- National PTSD Awareness Month
- National Rivers Month
- National Zoo and Aquarium Month
- Perennial Gardening Month
- Professional Wellness Month
- Rose Month
- Women’s Golf Month
If you want to know more about marketing read our article, “ABCs Of SEO” or contact us.
Tags: cover-story, marketing ideas, June
[2022-06-15] July Small Business Marketing Ideas
[2023-04-04] May Small Business Marketing Ideas(Updated for 2023)
[2020-07-16] Ellipsis Marketing Receives Best Hayward California Advertising Agency Award
[2023-05-30] How To Ship Products From Your E-Commerce Website
[2023-05-23] The Five Best Alternatives To Google Ads
[2023-05-16] Why is SEO a long-term strategy?