Marketing your business in November means more than talking turkey. Here are our marketing ideas to grow your small business.
Month-Long Marketing Ideas
November is a great time to run promotions that include blog posts, sales, social media posts, contests, and more around these themes.
- Lung Cancer Awareness - Sign up for fundraising activities such as a walk or a virtual race to get out and into your community. Caterers can share photos from events, health-related businesses can share news articles, educational posts, or survivor stories, and artists can showcase awareness-inspired work.
- National Entrepreneurship Month - Run content such as webinars, online guides, or live Q&A sessions about starting or growing a business. Share your story, including obstacles you faced and how you got past them, or pitch your story to your local newspaper to get PR and provide inspiration. If your audience isn’t entrepreneurs, share content on themes like goal setting, persistence, and leadership that are practical and valuable for everyone.
- National Gratitude Month - Show customers, clients, followers, and subscribers appreciation. Give businesses you work with a social media shoutout. Use gratitude quotes to create and share branded images or engage your followers with a gratitude challenge. You can also run a contest where customers submit a video or photo of them using or recommending your product, with permission for you to use it on your website or social media platforms. In return, offer a discount or freebie to participants, and a prize for the best submission. Customers will feel good and you get content that you can use as social proof.
Other month-long marketing themes include:
- Aviation History Month
- Child Safety Protection Month
- Adoption Awareness Month
- Caregivers Appreciation Month
- Diabetes Awareness Month
- Epilepsy Month
- Model Railroad Month
- Novel Writing Month
- Native American Heritage Month
- Peanut Butter Lovers Month
- Real Jewelry Month
- Sleep Comfort Month
- World Vegan Month
Here are some marketing ideas that last about a week.
- November 5-11: Chemistry Week
- November 20-26: Game and Puzzle Week
Daily November Holidays
From Thanksgiving to Small Business Saturday, there are plenty of daily marketing opportunities in the month of November. Here are a few ideas.
- Thanksgiving (Nov. 23) - Let people know what you’re grateful for them with social media posts. Give back to the community and encourage your customers and social media followers to participate. Offer specials and promote relevant products and services.
- Black Friday (Nov. 24) - Promote your deals all month so customers will be ready for them. Create social media events for your specials by posting updates and reminders that let followers invite their friends and post on their calendars. Support #BlackOwned Friday and #BuyBlackFriday on your blog or social media with a featured piece of content, a success story, or an interview about a local Black-owned business. If you're a Black-owned business, run a special promotion.
- Small Business Saturday (Nov. 25) - Here are some things you can do:
- Register your business through the official American Express site
- Highlight products and sales using email, social media, your website, and in-store signs.
- Support other local small businesses or partner with them to craft and share a gift guide or host a sidewalk sale.
- Thank your customers for their support, and remind them why shopping small matters.
- Cyber Monday (Nov. 27) - Create some promotions and promote them on your website and social media pages. Run a raffle, offer a special deal for customers who respond on a social media page, or post a behind-the-scenes video of how you handle the day.
Here are some other November holidays:
- November 1: All Saint’s Day
- November 2: All Soul’s Day
- November 3: Sandwich Day
- November 4: King Tut Day
- November 5: Donut Day
- November 6: Nacho Day
- November 7: International Merlot Day
- November 8: Parents As Teachers Day
- November 9: World Freedom Day
- November 10: Forget-Me-Not Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
- November 12: French Dip Day
- November 13: World Kindness Day
- November 14: Pickle Day
- November 15: Philanthropy Day
- November 16: Fast Food Day
- November 17: Take A Hike Day
- November 18: Princess Day
- November 19: Play Monopoly Day
- November 20: World Children’s Day
- November 21: World Hello Day
- November 22: Cranberry Relish Day
- November 23: Eat A Cranberry Day
- November 24: Sardines Day
- November 25: Shopping Reminder Day
- November 26: Cake Day
- November 27: Bavarian Cream Pie Day
- November 28: French Toast Day
- November 29: Electronic Greetings Day
- November 30: Computer Security Day
If you want to know more about marketing, read our article, "What Is Local SEO?" or contact us.
Tags: cover-story, November Marketing