Small Business Saturday could be your busiest day of the year but it won’t just happen. You need to build awareness and interest and a great way to do that is with social media.
Small Business Saturday Social Media Marketing Calendar
A Small Business Saturday social media marketing calendar is a great tool to drive sales. You can create excitement around Small Business Saturday by counting down to the event on your social media pages. Make the countdown fun by including reasons why people should look forward to shopping small at your business, such as a surprise offering unveiled on the big day.
Let’s say that you have a small business called Diz-Nee where you sell Diz-Nee products. You’re planning a big one-day-only hardware sale for Small Business Saturday and you want to use social media to get the word out. Here’s how you could use a social media marketing calendar to create some hype/awareness about your event.
- Nov 3: The holidays are coming and Diz-Nee has something special planned for you! Check back here soon for more details.
- Nov 5: Mark your calendar and clear your schedule for Saturday, November 27! Diz-Nee has something special planned and you won’t want to miss it.
- Nov 7: Diz-nee products make great gifts! If you’re thinking about buying Diz-Nee products you won’t want to miss our big announcement.
- Nov 9: On Saturday, November 27, Small Business Saturday, Diz-Nee is having the biggest sale of the year. If you’re buying Diz-Nee products, you don’t want to miss it!
- Nov 11: Want a free Diz-Nee product? Like and share this post. Then, when you come in and buy a Diz-Nee product on Small Business Saturday, we’ll give you another one for free!
- Nov 13: Not sure which Diz-Nee product you want? Visit our website to see all the options!
- Nov 15: Great News! Today we’re announcing extended hours for Small Business Saturday. Visit our website for more details.
- Nov 17: Only 10 days left until Small Business Saturday and the biggest Diz-Nee sale of the year! Have you made your plans to be there yet?
- Nov 19: Can’t make it into the shop on Small Business Saturday? We’ll miss you but you can still get great deals by shopping from our website!
- Nov 21: Small Business Saturday is going to be more than just shopping. If you come in, you’ll be treated to refreshments, entertainment, and giveaways all throughout the day.
- Nov 23: Worried that what you want won’t be there when you are? Pre-order it now from our website and then come in on Small Business Saturday to pick it up!
- Nov 25: Gobble Gobble, Happy Thanksgiving! Have a great Thanksgiving and we’ll see you in 2 days on Small Business Saturday!
- Nov 27 It’s here! It’s Small Business Saturday! Come into the store or shop our website for the best Diz-Nee product deals of the year!
Beyond having a small business Saturday social media calendar, here are some other ideas.
- Promote Your Store Online - Encourage shoppers to check in on social media pages when they’re in your store to expose your business to more people. Friends and followers will see it and want to learn more about you, such as your location, hours, and what you offer, so make sure all your online information is up-to-date, including your latest offerings. You can also offer incentives to check in to your store online, such as a coupon for in-store purchases.
- Create Custom Marketing - Use the AmEx Small Business Resource Center to create custom posters, social media posts, etc., and add your own hashtag to them, including #ShopSmall. Encourage people to use your hashtags with their social media posts so that you can find them faster and reshare them on your social pages to create engagement and word-of-mouth.
- Promote Shopping Small All Year - You can keep the conversation about shopping small going all year on your social media pages.
- Highlight New Customers - Ask customers if they’d like to be featured on your social media pages. Find out how they found out about your business and what they like about it and share their answers on your social media pages.
- Share Offerings - Talk about new items and services you’re providing while reminding people of old favorites to get people excited about shopping at your business any time of the year.
If you want more help getting ready for Small Business Saturday, you can read see our Small Business Saturday Preparedness Checklist or contact us.
Tags: Small Business Saturday, social media marketing calendar