If you’re going to use a website builder, here are some things to consider.
What Is A Website Builder
A website builder is a software tool that helps you easily build a website without having to code. Website builders make building a website extremely simple and efficient because they don’t require you to know any programming languages or coding in order to create your website.
Some website builders are offline. Offline website builders are software programs that you download and install on your computer. You’ll build your website and save the files on your computer. When your website is ready, all you have to do is upload the website files to a web host. While being able to work offline is convenient, you’ll still need to know how to upload your files to a web host and purchase a web hosting account in addition to the website builder software.
Some website builders are online. Online website builders run on the provider’s service, so you don’t need to download or install any software on your computer. All you need is an internet connection and a web browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. You’ll be able to work on your website from anywhere, using any device. Online website builders also include web hosting services so you won’t need to purchase it and/or set it up separately. Many online website builders are made for people with little or no coding experience.
No matter whether you choose an offline or online website builder, they come in many different varieties. Some website builders are extremely simple to use with limited drag-and-drop functionality and others are highly sophisticated and allow custom HTML coding. There are also proprietary website builders like WIX and Shopify and open source website builders that are available for WordPress websites.
Why It Should Matter To You
Choosing the right kind of website builder is important because once you pick one, you are going to have to rely on it for all your website's capabilities. If you choose a website builder that doesn't provide all the capabilities that you want for your website, you might end up rebuilding your entire site all over again at some point! On the other hand, if you choose a website builder that’s too sophisticated, you could spend a lot of time building the site and end up over-engineering things.
Here are just some of the things you’ll need to consider if you’re going to use a website builder to build your small business website.
- Budget - Website builders cost anywhere from $3 a month, up to hundreds per month. It depends on what type of website you want, how many pages you need, and whether you want it integrated with other tools.
- Comfort - Some website builders are more complex than others and offer features that you might not need. The simpler your website is, the less it will cost.
- Customization - Even if you go with a cookie cookie-cutter website that’s ready to go out of the box, you will still want to do some customization like changing colors, swapping images, etc.
- Design - A good website design makes all the difference when it comes to getting more customers.
- Content - Something simple, straightforward, and inexpensive will work at the beginning, but as you grow, your needs may outgrow your platform and you’ll need to consider other options.
- SEO - You’ll want a website builder that also comes with SEO built-in, or has plug-ins that let you add relevant keywords easily).
- Payments - If you're planning to do eCommerce, you'll need things like an SSL certificate and a professional-looking email address.
- Integration - You’ll want your new website to integrate with your existing systems, such as your marketing automation stack or payment processing platform.
Luckily, there’s another solution that eliminates your need to figure out the exact right website builder for your business website. It’s called Ellipsis Readymade Websites. With Ellipsis Readymade Websites, we pick the right website builder for your business based on your needs. Not only do we pick the website builder that fits your needs the best, but we also build a fully custom website with all the backend features for you to be able to easily manage your site included. When you rely on Ellipsis Readymade Websites you get all of that value at no cost! All you pay is a monthly hosting and maintenance fee, with no hidden costs or fees!
If you want to know more about Ellipsis Readymade websites, click here, or contact us.
Tags: small business, website builder