When Should You Hire An SEO Consultant
Do you know when to hire an SEO consultant? Here’s our guide to help you figure it out.
When To Hire An SEO Consultant
An SEO agency can offer a variety of advantages, but first, you need to figure out if hiring an SEO company is your best move. Here are some things to consider before you hire an SEO consultant.
- Digital Marketing Strategies - Investing in SEO and complimentary services like voice search optimization, video marketing, and pay-per-click (PPC) advertising can provide an approach to digital marketing that will help you maximize your online success. Whether you’re investing in a comprehensive web marketing strategy can play a big part in whether you hire an SEO consultant to manage your SEO strategy and coordinate it with your other online marketing initiatives. If you’re using other digital marketing strategies, hiring an SEO consultant that offers a suite of digital marketing solutions will let you maximize the impact of those strategies by helping you develop a plan that coordinates your efforts. If not, SEO alone is a powerful strategy, but you can amplify results by investing in other online marketing strategies, such as content marketing, social media marketing, and email marketing.
- Long-Term Strategy - SEO is a proven digital marketing strategy for generating long-term revenue. When considering hiring an SEO consultant, you need to think about your business strategy. If you see SEO as a long-term, ongoing investment, then partnering with an SEO consultant can help you maximize your SEO return on investment (ROI). SEO is a long-term, ongoing strategy for generating revenue, and hiring an SEO company helps you earn more by giving you access to advanced marketing technology, experienced SEO specialists, and more. If you don’t plan to make an ongoing investment in SEO, rethink your strategy since SEO takes several months to show results. Viewing SEO as a short-term, one-time thing will not give you the results you want.
- DIY - SEO requires resources, such as talent, technology, and time for in-house management. If you don’t have a large marketing team with lots of time to discuss and plan an SEO strategy, it’ll be a challenge to implement and manage it on an ongoing basis. If you’re in a competitive industry or lack specialized team members, overseeing your own SEO strategy can be difficult, and hiring an SEO company can help since they’ll have all the necessary resources. Even if you have the resources for managing an SEO strategy, you still might want to hire an SEO consultant for other reasons, such as expertise.
- Industry - A competitive and crowded online market can make SEO difficult, so you’ll need to figure out if doing SEO in-house or hiring an SEO consultant makes more sense. Doing SEO internally may save money upfront, but an SEO consultant can help you do it faster and produce a quicker ROI. If you’re in a competitive market, it’s a good idea to hire an SEO consultant that can provide you with a competitive strategy and talent plus technology. If you’re in a niche market, you have an advantage in SEO, but you might face challenges, such as a staff that doesn’t have the time or expertise to optimize your site the way an SEO consultant can.
- Budget - Before you hire an SEO company, consider your budget. Compare your budget to the price of SEO services to see if it’s feasible to hire an SEO consultant. If you have the budget to hire an SEO company, you’ll want to hire a reputable and trustworthy consultant to take your SEO strategy to the next level. If you don’t have the funds to hire an SEO professional, you can improve the performance of your in-house strategy using free online training courses to learn more about SEO and improve your approach.
- Current SEO Strategy - You want SEO to provide results that go beyond ranking number one in search results. Your ranking needs to drive quote requests, product sales, phone calls, and more. If your SEO strategy doesn’t do that, it’s not working. The right SEO consultant will understand that you need SEO to provide bottom-line results. If you’re getting average results, hiring an SEO consultant can give you the expertise you need to uncover new opportunities that will maximize your strategy’s performance. If your current SEO strategy isn’t showing results after six months, consider hiring an SEO consultant to find and fix your SEO issues.
If you want to know more about SEO, read our article, “ABCs of SEO”, or contact us.
Tags: SEO, consultant
[2020-10-15] Understanding SEO: 10 Reasons Why SEO Can Help Your Business
[2017-10-16] Ellipsis 5-mile Campaignâ„¢ Guide
[2020-09-02] 3 Ways to Improve the SEO of a Company Product Page
[2024-02-11] March Marketing Opportunities for Small Businesses
[2024-01-23] Website ADA Compliance
[2024-01-09] Essential Features for a Chiropractor Website to Attract New Clients